We place a large emphasis on the development of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Researchers have found that even more than IQ, your emotional awareness and ability to handle feelings will determine your success and happiness in all walks of life it includes the ability to control impulses, delay gratification, motivate themselves, read other people’s social cues, and cope with life’s ups and downs. We use strategies and programs including:
- Bounce Back
- Circle Time
- Games Factory
- Catching on Early
- Parking Lot
When children have a disagreement we conference with them and help the students to understand how they can work together to make things right.
- What were you thinking about when…?
- Who has been affected by…?
- Did it impact on anyone else?
- What could you have done instead?
- What do you think needs to happen now?