Milawa Primary School is extremely lucky to have been funded via the National Chaplaincy Program. We have engaged the services of local Susie Galloway who is on staff with us every Tuesday and Thursday.
Some of the components of Susie’s work include:
- Specialised individual or small group counselling
- Individual or small group social skill building programs
- Trauma support for students and families
- Individual counselling for parents experiencing difficulty
- Milawa Minis Playgroup facilitator
- Seeking funding and assistance for families experiencing financial difficulty
Rachel together with our Principal Ash Campbell, form the student wellbeing team for the school and meet regularly to discuss the needs of all students.